We are looking for a
Patent Attorney, with a background in electronics, software or physics
Professional representative at the EPO, or in the process of becoming one
The position is available immediately, based in Zurich (Switzerland), with regular trips to Neuchâtel (at least twice / month).
It includes in particular the following activities:
- Autonomous management of a portfolio of varied clients
- Processing of invention disclosure
- Patentability studies, in collaboration with our patent research specialists
- Research for freedom to operate
- Advice on protection and filing strategy
- Drafting of patent and design applications
- Prosecution of patent and design applications with the competent patent offices
- Management of filings at international level, relying on a network of correspondents.
- Opposition procedures, as representative of the patentee or the opponent
- Advice and assistance in patent prosecution and litigation
- Due diligence studies, intellectual property audits
- Other tasks as assigned by clients
The ideal candidate has a technical background as an engineer in physics, electronics, or computer science. He also has several years of experience in patents, preferably in a Private Practice, has preferably taken CEIPI courses, and has successfully passed the EPO representative examinations, or is about to take them.
The candidate is a native German or Swiss German speaker and perfectly able to express himself and write patent applications in English. A good passive and active knowledge of French is a definite advantage.
The candidate should have excellent analytical skills, benefiting from excellent general scientific knowledge; the candidate should be able to quickly understand the technical and commercial aspects of inventions in new fields. He/She is familiar with the industrial and commercial fabric of German-speaking Switzerland, and preferably already has a well-established network of contacts. He/She is able to work on several projects simultaneously and organize his work and time efficiently, often within severe time constraints which must strictly be adhered to. His/Her spirit of initiative and organization allow him to improve the efficiency and the processes of the company.
He/She should have a personality which exhibits integrity, honesty and loyalty. He/She preferably plans to establish a long-term relationship with P&TS.
The candidate should have the ability to isolate himself and stay focused when it comes to solving complex problems or drafting patent applications or other lengthy texts. However, he particularly appreciates the contact with colleagues and with inventors.
He/She should be able to work independently after an introductory period of a few months in the P&TS offices in Neuchâtel; the candidate will be expected to maintain regular links with the team based in Neuchâtel, while being mainly based in Zurich.
If you recognize yourself as fulfilling this demanding profile, we would invite you to send your application for the position (including your CV, cover letter and any appropriate references) to email@example.com. Your application will of course be treated confidentially.