For many years P&Ts has been using an Extranet communication system called Propis in order to communicate in a secure manner with its clients and partners. In order to meet the needs of a digital communication ever more flexible, fast and secure, the existing system has just been replaced by a new software, based on « Pydio » technology, a modern and safe platform with many functions. All data that had been imported to date has been migrated on to the new site and you can use Propis as usual with the advantages of a modern interface.
What is Propis? Propis allows you to share files with P&TS like a « Dropbox », however with the advantage that everything is stored on P&TS’s servers, (not on the Cloud), allowing us full and thorough control of security and confidentiality in-house.
What are the advantages for you? You can locate a document any time, even years later. We take care of filing all your documents. So, if you prefer, you will no longer need to file them either physically or electronically. There will be no more time lost looking for a document. In the case of several employees, all documents will be accessible by all of them.
In the future, we plan to include links to Propis in our communications, instead of attaching a document. In this way, when a person receives an e-mail containing a link to a document, it will be easily accessible in the system.
The improvements offered by the new platform are as follows:
- Files can be downloaded into your personal work area by cutting and pasting.
- We can now define “local administrators” who can create and delete users within a specific organisation.
- It is now much easier and more flexible to share files.
- There is a user-friendly system for retrieving lost passwords.
- A smartphone application allows you to consult your patent documents while travelling.
How do you access Propis? Contact a member of the Propis team by e-mail or telephone at: +41 32 727 14 27.
- Célia Collaud (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alison Black (email@example.com)
- Giovanni Gervasio (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To access the Propis website, click here. https://documents.propis.ch/.
In the near future a new section of our website will be available in the section “more / Extranet”.